The Yard Inventory Assistant supports the Inventory/Purchasing Manager and Yard Manager in receiving plants (including unloading semis), storing and maintaining plants, and assembling plant material orders. This is a great opportunity to learn the inner workings of a successful, large-scale nursery with the added bonus of gaining hands-on plant knowledge. If you like continuously learning and developing your skills, this is the position for you.
- Full-time, seasonal employment
- (March-November), 8-10 hours per day plus Saturdays in Spring
- Saturdays are scheduled as needed
- Assist the Inventory/Purchasing Manager
- Receive and store plant material, including unloading semis and storing material in holding yards
- Maintaining plants in the holding yard, including plant labeling, pruning, fertilizing, weeding, and watering/irrigation setup
- Assemble orders for landscape, retail and wholesale departments as needed
- Assist other departments as requested
- A horticulture degree is a plus, but not required. We will train you.
- Experience with ornamental plants is a must
- Candidates must be reliable team players with a strong work ethic, and be attentive to detail and quality.
- A strong interest in plants and the green industry.
- Required to be a productive, self-motivated worker
- Capable of fast-paced repetitive work
- Ability to safely lift 50 pounds
$19.00-$22.00 per hour, depending on experience
Johnson’s Nursery, Inc. offers competitive compensation with the following perks after completion of probationary period for qualified employees:
- 401k after completion of a probationary period, with discretionary company match
- Paid vacation and holidays for qualified employees
- Health and dental insurance for qualified employees
- Flexible hours, depending on workload and projects
- Plant material discounts, company logo apparel allowance
- Room for professional development
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please continue on to the application and questionnaire.